Sunday, January 21, 2018

Stuff Happens When We Pray

We need to be praying with greater passion and power.



Video: Tauren Wells - When We Pray

It is amazing how much we can know in our head about a spiritual disciple and yet not take it to heart. For me that discipline is prayer. Just about any other spiritual discipline is easy for me to be passionate about and make a part of my daily walk but not so much with prayer.

My number one prayer is to be passionate and bold in prayer but as I look around me I don't think that I am alone in this because I see very little praying that looks like it did in the Bible.
“There is no power like that of prevailing prayer - of Abraham pleading for Sodom, Jacob wrestling in the stillness of the night, Moses standing in the breach, Hannah intoxicated with sorrow, David heartbroken with remorse and grief, Jesus in sweat and blood.

Add to this list from the records of the church your personal observation and experience, and always there is cost of passion unto blood. Such prayer prevails. It turns ordinary mortals into men of power. It brings power. It brings fire. It brings rain. It brings life. It brings God.”
- Samuel Chadwick
We have been deceived by the opposition to put down our best weapon or if we are using it then it isn't being used effectively. We need to pickup our weapon and start using it so that we will become capable of using it better. I shouldn't expect to be competent in praying if I don't do it consistently.

Lord help me to get from a head knowledge about prayer to praying with passion and power.